I'll probably keep updating this particular post as the year goes on -- I mean, I will find plenty more things amusing before the year is up, but here is a start:
* Pedestrians have no right of way. Ever. The only rule is, "Don't get hit!"
* The sidewalks are very tall in this country, sometimes about a foot and a half off the ground. I think this is because if they weren't, the drivers would drive on them as well, and then there really would be no place to walk.
* Guatemala is a great place to go if bananas are your favorite fruit.
* They don't drink cold milk. It is always warmed first. Well, I'm not sure they drink milk. So far I've only had it with cereal.
* In Guatemala, driving is best done if the tint on your windows is so dark that no one can see in, and you can't see out.